US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks an experienced researcher and writer for the position of Research Manager. The candidate should have a background in sustainable and responsible investing and excellent research, writing and editing skills. The candidate should be comfortable with public speaking.
The Research Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the Director of Research in the production of an array of written materials for an internal and external audience. This includes research and writing for US SIF Foundation publications and reports, such as the biennial report on the scope of sustainable and responsible investing in the United States, foundation proposals, and other program initiatives. The Research Manager will also assist in writing press releases, the monthly newsletter, annual report, op-eds and other communications materials. She or he will help write and edit other internal and external documents. She or he may also be engaged in some aspects of our national conference and will be responsible for responding to some press inquiries on our research. The candidate should bring creative energy to US SIF, be self motivated and a team player.
The Research Manager position offers many opportunities for creativity and professional growth.
Reports to: The Research Manager position reports to the Research Director and is based in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Write and edit blogs, op-eds, articles, reports and other internal and external documents.
• Conduct research and gather and assemble data and information necessary for the production, coordination and editing of US SIF publications and reports, including the biennial sustainable and responsible trends report and the Annual Report.
• Manage research and production schedule for US SIF’s biennial report on US sustainable, responsible and impact investing trends and chair regular calls of the trends report research team.
• Work with Research Director to develop schedule and monthly production of topical blogs for US SIF website.
• Assist in research necessary for development of online courses, resource guides and informational fact sheets on sustainable and responsible investing.
• Represent US SIF at various events and respond to some media inquiries.