Are you interested in helping companies and cities become more sustainable? Do you want to learn how leading organizations are using technology to produce clean energy, make buildings and transportation more efficient, and reduce carbon emissions and waste? Do you want to use your excellent communication and organizational skills for social good? Are you organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities? Do you like engaging with people and have a passion for the work that you do? Then you could be GreenBiz’s next Operations Coordinator.
As our Operations Coordinator you will:
Serve as main point of contact post-sale to ensure successful execution of event, online, content and research sponsorships and advertising opportunities
Manage production and delivery of sponsor deliverables at events:
- Manage sponsors relationships to ensure successful event participation
- Create and maintain online Sponsor Resource Center and communications
- Order exhibit material, including furniture, power, AV items and signage
- Coordinate with venue contacts and relevant event vendors
- Oversee additional deliverables including website, signage, advertisements, and other custom event benefits
- Manage special events including lunches, dinners and receptions
- Work with marketing team to support sponsor co-marketing outreach
- Support building out the Interconnect exhibit hall and microgrid
- Execute post-event contract deliverables
Manage production and delivery of digital advertising and online sponsorship opportunities, including sponsored content, lead generation programs, research projects and online advertising campaigns:
- Manage all project timelines, deadlines, deliverables and stakeholders
- Collaborate with sponsors, internal teams and freelance writers to develop and publish sponsored content
- Work closely with editorial and content team to create weekly newsletter shells and schedule corresponding ads
- Provide follow-up reports and leads
- Leverage additional systems and technology platforms including internal web content management system, DoubleClick for Publishers, Marketo, Google Analytics, CVENT as needed
- Create and analyze reports for all campaigns to ensure 100% delivery and best performance
Support event operations
- Manage speaker and conference details in Salesforce, Google docs, Cvent (event registration system), speaker resource center and the GreenBiz.com content management system
- Manage updates to the GreenBiz.com events websites
- Manage updates to conference apps
- Coordinate and schedule calls with speakers and partners and summarizing call details
-Support invitation process and outreach on special programs
Additional responsibilities as required
Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, tech-savvy and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You love working with clients to understand their goals and consistently meet or exceed them. You are creative, well organized, able to multi-task and take direction from multiple people. You should be a resourceful, self-starter who is eager to learn and get stuff done. Ideal candidate has customer service and/or event operations but not required. Experience with Salesforce.com, Marketo, web CMS systems and DoubleClick for Publishers a plus. BA or equivalent preferred.
GreenBiz offers full health and dental benefits and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun.
We are located in downtown Oakland, next to BART and AC Transit transportation lines, Frank Ogawa Plaza and tons of great food options! Position is currently open and we are looking to fill as soon as possible. Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GreenBiz Group’s mission is to define and accelerate the business of sustainability. We do this through a wide range of products and services, including our acclaimed website GreenBiz.com and e-newsletters, GreenBuzz and VERGE; webcasts on topics of importance to sustainability and energy executives; research reports, including the annual State of Green Business; the GreenBiz Executive Network, a membership-based, peer-to-peer learning forum for sustainability executives; and conferences: the annual GreenBiz forum in Phoenix and VERGE 17 in Silicon Valley and VERGE Hawaii. For more information, visit https://www.greenbiz.com/about-us
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.