Membership Services and Operations Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks a Membership Services and Operations Manager who is interested in sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility. The Membership Services and Operations Manager is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The primary responsibilities are to manage the organization’s financial and membership services process including managing membership renewals and ongoing contact for our 300+ members. This position also supports the organization’s key office operations including staff onboarding and benefits administration.
The Membership Services and Operations Manager will also be responsible for upgrading and subsequently maintaining the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) software. She or he will also provide administrative support for Board activities and be engaged in our Annual Conference and member events.
The ideal candidate has strong financial management skills, experience with staff onboarding and benefits management, good oral and written communication skills, and experience with member services and CRM systems. The candidate should be an organized self-starter who will bring creative energy to US SIF and a team player who is comfortable interacting with individuals and groups.
Reports to: This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Membership Services and Operations Manager works closely with other staff as necessary.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Finance, Operations and Human Resources
• Prepare the draft annual budget and narrative for the Board of Directors.
• Monitor year-to-date revenues and expenses against budget, including preparing financial reports.
• Coordinate financial audits and prepare required schedules; coordinate 990s.
• Oversee financial systems and accounts including entering or monitoring entries in Quickbooks.
• Serve as primary staff liaison to bookkeeping consultant and accounting firm.
• Monitor the budget for the Annual Conference.
• Process payroll via Paychex.
• Process 401K contributions and support compliance efforts for the plan.
• Administer staff benefits program including working with benefits firm.
• Manage hiring process including placement of job openings and onboarding procedures for new staff.
• Oversee management of IT, office equipment and supplies, managing and archiving files.
• Prepare drafts of membership and financial reports for Board meetings and for the Annual Report.
• Oversee the retention of members through timely management of the quarterly renewal process, including writing and sending renewal letters, notices, invoices and reminders.
• Follow-up with lapsed members and research member prospects.
• Respond to basic inquiries regarding membership and manage production of membership materials and accurate and timely tracking of member profile database.
• Assist in managing Annual Member Day at US SIF Annual Conference.
Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Software Management
• Manage the selection and implementation of a new CRM system by working with staff to understand program needs and organizational culture. Work with consultants to customize the CRM to meet organizational needs.
• Perform reoccurring data processes to meet reporting requirements and ensure data integrity.
• Create customized reports and dashboards based upon organizational needs.
• Identify opportunities to develop and implement practices that expand the use of the CRM.
• Provide administrative support and manage logistics for board meetings.
• Assist in producing board meeting packet.
• Participate in organization planning through annual operation plan and budget preparation.
• Support the planning and execution of the Annual Conference.
• Other duties as assigned.