Multiple locations, including New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; and other U.S. cities and towns
Job Type: 10-12 week summer fellowship
Jump-Start Your Sustainability Career
EDF Climate Corps is the premier graduate fellowship program to jump-start your career in clean energy or sustainability. Fellows join an exclusive network of over a thousand EDF Climate Corps alumni and other energy and sustainability professionals, working to advance climate solutions in leading organizations around the world.
Our competitive program selects qualified candidates from a variety of disciplines to work for a summer embedded within leading organizations to identify customized energy management solutions. Fellows will gain access to an interactive in-person training, as well as resources and continuing education, including professional development opportunities, online resources and webinars.
Since 2008, EDF Climate Corps has placed over 800 fellows in host organizations including Under Armour, REI, NRG Energy, City of Boston, JLL, Verizon, General Motors, Vassar College and the New York City Housing Authority. A list of 2018 host organizations will be available to candidates during the interview process and fellows are matched with host organizations based on their location, industry and project type preferences. See the full list of past organizations on our website, www.edfclimatecorps.org
Projects to Match Your Unique Skills and Career Goals
Working under the guidance of a host supervisor and EDF engagement manager, fellows uncover strategic energy management solutions for their host organization. Projects culminate in a written report and series of recommendations to the host organization. Projects may focus on:
• Scaling Energy Efficiency Solutions: Identify energy and cost-saving measures, evaluate financing options and explore opportunities to implement advanced energy management technologies across a portfolio of buildings.
• Carbon Mitigation Strategies: Develop GHG targets that are based in science and create strategies to achieve emission reduction goals through data-driven analysis such as energy benchmarking and carbon accounting.
• Clean and Renewable Energy: Uncover opportunities for demand response, renewable energy generation, storage and clean energy procurement.
• Sustainable Supply Chain Management: Quantify and baseline scope 3 emissions and develop recommendations for engaging suppliers on energy related emission reduction opportunities.
• Current or recent graduate student studying engineering, business, sustainability, environmental management, public policy or relevant degree
• 2+ years of applicable work experience
• Self-starter with strong project management and leadership experience
• Strong financial and quantitative skills, including project valuation
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, clean energy or sustainability projects
• A passion for solving environmental challenges
• Eligibility to work in the United States during the summer of 2018
All selected EDF Climate Corps fellows are required to attend a week-long training in May 2018.
$1,250 per week and reimbursement of travel costs to the training and Energy Solutions Exchange, EDFCC’s annual conference.
Please visit our website to complete your 2018 fellow application, (http://edfclimatecorps.org/...mate-corps-how-apply
For early consideration and the best opportunity to be matched with your preferred host organization, please apply by December 5, 2017 11:59 pm PT. The final application deadline is January 5, 2018 11:59 pm PT. Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on EcoGreen Ventures, Inc.