Title: Director of Development
Location: Virtual capable, Boston, New York City, San Francisco Bay area, Washington DC, or Chicago preferred
Status: Full-time, exempt
Posting Date: July 10, 2018
Posting Closing Date: July 22, 2018
Health Care Without Harm seeks to transform the health sector worldwide, without compromising patient safety or care, so that it becomes ecologically sustainable and a leading advocate for environmental health and justice. With offices on three continents and partners around the world, Health Care Without Harm is leveraging the health sector’s expertise, purchasing power, political clout, workforce development, and moral authority to create the conditions for healthy people, communities, and the environment.
Working closely with Health Care Without Harm, Practice Greenhealth, is the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care, delivering environmental solutions to more than 1,100 members throughout the United States.
In order to support the continued growth of Health Care Without Harm and its affiliated organization Practice Greenhealth, we are seeking hard-working and dedicated Development Director to plan, implement, and support all aspects of development. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will work with highly dedicated leaders across the organization to create and implement an integrated development strategy, sustaining current funder relationships and cultivating new opportunities to support HCWH and Practice Greenhealth. This is a fantastic leadership opportunity for a development professional to take the next step in their career to join a passionate team working alongside Health Care Without Harm’s and Practice Greenhealth’s talented and committed staff.
• Lead the ongoing development and implementation of an integrated development strategy, aligned with the overall goals and strategic direction of HCWH and Practice Greenhealth, that incorporates foundation, corporate, individual, and government support.
• Proactively seek new funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donor by determining the appropriate roles for staff and Board members to play in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospects; coordinate and support staff and Board members in executing on donor-specific strategies as needed.
• Work with international partners to support fundraising capacity and instill best practices across the global regions.
• Act as an engaging and responsive representative of HCWH and Practice Greenhealth in interactions with current and potential funders and work collaboratively with staff across the organizations to identify avenues of economic support for programs/projects.
• Identify opportunities to refine existing development processes and systems, or to introduce new ones, in order to ensure that this infrastructure supports the effective functioning of the development team.
• Oversee the creation and editing of grant proposals, solicitation letters and individual donor proposals, coordinating among staff on content; collaborate with the Communications and Member Development & Marketing Directors on packaging and marketing these materials to philanthropic supporters.
• Report regularly on the status of the development pipeline to the President, Executive Director, Global Coordination Team and US Management Team.
The Director of Development will be a development professional with increasing responsibilities, an energetic leader who has a passion for the mission of HCWH and Practice Greenhealth. We are seeking an individual with:
• A minimum of 5 years of development experience with a broad knowledge of fundraising and proven success in building relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals, and/or government
• Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors, with excellent relationship-building skills and compelling written and oral communication skills
• Strong strategic ability coupled with the project management skills and results-orientation needed to execute and achieve results
• Collaborative leader who can foster effective and thoughtful partnerships with staff across HCWH and Practice Greenhealth by providing appropriate direction and support; prior experience in building teams and working with geographically disparate colleagues ideal
• Knowledge of best practices for development infrastructure, including development information systems, planning, finance, and budgeting
• Passion for HCWH and Practice Greenhealth’s work, as demonstrated by prior experience or strong interest in health care, climate and environmental causes, safer chemicals, human rights, and/or food philanthropy
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically on a regular basis and internationally as needed
• Experience in international fundraising considered a plus
What’s In It For You?
• Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring and your colleagues are passionate and motivated.
• Work with staff that care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission.
• Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community.
• Be part of an inspirational eclectic network.
• Fantastic benefits!
To Apply Or Inquire:
Upload a cover letter and resume to Veronique Nagle, Human Resources & Administration Director, https://recruiting.paylocity.com/...of-Development
. Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Only competitive candidates will be invited to participate further in the recruitment process. Position open through Sunday, July 22, 2018.
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to seeking and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. HCWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on EcoGreen Ventures, Inc.